Two topics dominated your Candid Blog reading last year: fundraising and COVID-19. Here, in descending order, are the 10 posts you read most in 2020:
- “You can stop guessing about what works in fundraising and what doesn’t,” by Tom Ahern, January 28, 2020.
- “Why nonprofit staff should not be asked to donate to the organizations they work for,” by Vu Le, February 27, 2020.
- “How nonprofits can build partnerships with businesses,” by Latasha Doyle, August 19, 2020.
- “Candid resources to advance your work during the coronavirus crisis,” by Julieta Mendez and Chris Bunting, March 24, 2020.
- “What it takes to secure a major private grant,” by Susan Schaefer, February 6, 2020.
- “New Years resolutions for board members,” by Gail Perry, January 6, 2020.
- “Funders respond to coronavirus (COVID-19),” by Andrew Grabois, March 3, 2020.
- “Seven fundraising resolutions to ensure you raise a lot more money in 2020,” by Jeff Brooks, December 31, 2019.
- “Five steps to starting an endowment: even smaller nonprofits can,” by Scott Stewart, March 2, 2020.
Finally, in first place:
- “How many nonprofits will shut their doors?” by Jacob Harold, July 15, 2020.
We hope that these posts helped you negotiate last year’s perils and will help you achieve success in 2021. Happy New Year. May better times be ahead for us all.