Introducing 2023 Candid Seals of Transparency
Candid’s 2023 Seals of Transparency are here, and this year it’s even easier to earn your first Bronze Seal or update your current Candid Seal and take advantage of their perks.
Research shows nonprofits that earn a Seal average 53% more in contributions. Beyond giving your nonprofit’s funding a boost, consider the following two benefits of getting your 2023 Candid Seal of Transparency today:
- Share your full profile with potential funders: Access your unique and sharable link to your full profile and post it on your website, online donation page, social media accounts, and elsewhere to highlight your work and attract funding from donors. The best part: You can also leverage your profile as the perfect handout to showcase your programs and impact for in-person meetings with funders.
- Become eligible for Apple Pay donations: If you are looking to give your supporters an additional way to donate to your mission, you are in luck. Earning your 2023 Candid Seals of Transparency is an essential first step to becoming eligible to use Apple Pay for accepting donations.
Claim your free Candid nonprofit profile and earn a 2023 Seal to showcase your nonprofit’s commitment to transparency, boost your online visibility to reach millions of potential donors, and provide your supporters with the information they need to fund you.
The added bonus: When you claim your profile and earn a 2023 Seal, Candid automatically shares your updated information with 200+ charitable sites, including Salesforce.org, Facebook, donor advised funds, and Network for Good.
To help you update your current or earn your first-ever Candid Seal of Transparency in 2023, simply follow these fast and easy steps.
How to earn a 2023 Candid Seal of Transparency
If your organization has a 2022 or older Seal:
- Sign in to manage your profile and review all required fields.
- Update or add information, as necessary.
- Publish your changes.
Note: Your Seal will expire automatically after two years if you do not update your Candid nonprofit profile’s information.
If your organization does not have a Seal:
A breakdown of what you’ll need to earn a 2023 Candid Seal of Transparency
- Basic information—ensure your organization can be found by funders looking to support nonprofits, like yours.
- Only four simple pieces of information are required to earn a Bronze Seal:
- Contact information
- Donation information
- Mission statement
- Leadership information
- Programs—take advantage of a chance to share your programs, build your brand, and display your nonprofit’s latest activities with donors.
- Only three main elements are required to obtain a Silver Seal:
- Program(s) details: name, brief description, and geographic area served
- Grantmaker status: Does your organization make grants or donations? (If you’re a grantmaker, you can also share more information about your work in this section.)
- Branding: logo, tagline, website, and social media account handles
- Capabilities—share your organization’s financials and provide key demographic information that today’s funders seek.
- Only two core details are required to secure a Gold Seal:
- 2021 or 2022 financials
- Board chair’s name and leader’s demographics
For small nonprofits, earning a 2023 Gold Seal of Transparency, or higher, comes with even more benefits this year. Learn more about our Go for the Gold promotion, which provides qualifying nonprofits with a year of free access to Foundation Directory Essential.
- Impact—showcase your nonprofit’s mission-driven goals and impress donors with the difference you’re making.
- Only two key components are required to achieve a Platinum Seal:
- Strategy and goals: Upload your strategic plan or briefly answer two questions.
- Metrics: Share at least one impact-based metric from 2022.
Click here to get started and earn your Seal!
Get a head start on earning your 2023 Candid Seal
If you’re interested in learning more about Candid’s 2023 Seals of Transparency, we invite you to join us for a short, 30-minute webinar, “Unlock Your Full Fundraising Potential with a New 2023 Candid Seal of Transparency,” on February 7, 2023.
Register to attend this upcoming webinar to find out more and get hands-on tips and best practices to help you get started with earning your 2023 Candid Seal.